Sunday, February 24, 2013

Nailed It

Lets face it - when we go to the nail salon we're expecting miracles. I'm expecting to communicate my exact vision to you and have it replicated on my nails. Now back in the day we didn't have a problem - you get the same square shape and maroon shade at each fill in appointment. With the development of the internet, people in Japan and Pinterest we have so many more crazy ideas to express ourselves. It's hard to find a nail salon fully equipped to meet any idea we come up with so our choices are pretty limited.

I'm going to show you some simple nail ideas that are simple enough any nail tech (or even yourself) can execute but still different enough to set you apart. The key is mixing and matching color and textures!


What we wish our nail tech could do:


Ideas we can really get:
1.) Super Tips

Tips are a great way to switch up your nails. Back in my prom days the thing to do was to match your tips to your dress-ADVISE: I am NOT telling you to do this! If you're going to do tips I suggest you switch it up by adding something else. Either a separate colored line underneath the tip ( see below) or a full color nail with a separate color tip (see below) Some other recommendations would be a rhinestone on the corner of the tip, or even a zebra print tip. Something fun and something funky. 




2.) Mix and Match

Another fun and easy way to switch it up is mix and match your colors. Sadly all my picture examples are in the same color family but I have also done a full hand of pink with one neon yellow, a whole hand of teal and one coral...so many options. 
Now you can do this on any finger, I of course, favor my ring finger. This is also a great look to do with the thumb..especially if you add on a little rhinestone to finish the job.






Favorably Ombre: 
My favorite look currently is the ombre look. Lets be real - it's good for your hair, your clothes and your nails! This is a red to cream ombre I opted for for Valentines Day and I'm thinking that if you go for a blue/teal ombre you'd be super adorbs...or even a purple for Easter would work. This is one of the easiest by far, each nail gets it's own color! The hardest part of this look is picking out the right colors - make sure to test the colors on a paper at your salon before you commit. 




As always - make sure you choose a good brand. I always prefer OPI.


No comments:

Post a Comment