Looking for something new? Here are my favorite (non-obvious, aka Facebook) FREE apps.
Duolingo
Free and easy language learning site. They offer instruction in German, Spanish, Italian, French and Portuguese. It's very user friendly and you can learn more than one language at a time. Best part about this app is the approach. They use a combination of techniques including pictures, sentence structure and even voice recognition to practice your pronunciation.
Google Translate
Can you see why I love this app? There are endless hilarious things you can make it say! Oh, and I guess it does have some real world applications as well. You can also type something in English, translate it to the language you're looking for and it will read that language out loud. You can even record someone speaking that language and it will translate it to English. Great for travel :)
Candy Crush
Everyone is familiar with Candy Crush on Facebook but now you can take it on the go! I know I said it's free...but once you're stuck on a level for more than one round of lives I know you're going to be buying more :)
Polyvore
Ever see those outfits all over Pinterest and wonder how you can make your own? POLYVORE. I prefer to use the online version just because you have more options but this app is amazing and a great way to pass time.
Snapchat
So fun! I love the set up with the small caption and the time limit on the pictures. One warning: If you plan on sending anything you wouldn't want someone to see for more than 10 seconds: BE CAUTIOUS because if you have an iPhone the user you send to can take a screen shot of your snap.



No comments:
Post a Comment