Lately I have been seeing a lot about Kirk Cameron and his new movie on Facebook.
I have to admit, I'm not particularly a fan of him, so I decided to do a little research.
As I started reading about Kirk Cameron, his church, his beliefs, and the work he has produced I found myself getting very very frustrated.
So to start my search I logged on to Google and typed in Kirk Cameron anti....
I was intending to type anti-gay, knowing he has made less than kind remarks toward the LGBT community but all of a sudden anti-mormon popped up....and you know I had to watch.
I came accross this movie:
(sorry I wasn't able to post the actual video-only the link-but DEFINITLY take the time to view. It's only about 2 minutes long.)
I don't want to go too in depth as to why I find this video incredibly ignorant and offensive, I just want to say to everyone who is unfamiliar with Mormons (or any religion) please do research before you make statements like this. We are Christians and we believe in the same God that you do. If it offends me, I know that your comments about other religions and people offend them too.
Moving on-
Why are children feeling ashamed of who they are? Why are they growing up feeling like they can't trust their parents? Why are they afraid and harboring all of this negativity?
We are leading our kids in the wrong directions.
Stop telling them everything that is wrong with them and the world, and start telling them what is beautiful about life!
Piers Morgan could not have said it any better "That's great son, as long as your happy"
As long as our kids are contributing to society, law abiding, tax paying, and generally decent citizens and humans then WHY DO WE CARE HOW THEY CHOSE TO LIVE THEIR LIVES???
You want to be a part of the LGBT community? If you're happy, you have my support.
You want to become a religion different than mine? If you're happy, you have my support.
You want to get an abortion for whatever reason? If you're sure, and you're safe, you have my support.
You want to marry someone of a different race? If you're happy, you have my support.
You want to become a close minded republican? If you're happy....I guess you have my support. =p
You want to move accross county with your spouse and my grandchildren? I'll kill you! Just kidding...as long as you have skype, and you're happy, you have my support.
This did end up turning out like a rant, but sometimes I get so frustrated when I see people who are so judgemental towards people they don't know or don't understand. Mormons aren't hurting your county or your faith, neither are Jews, Atheists, African Americans, Hispanics, Homosexuals, Immigrants, Feminists or anyone for that matter. Everyone is just a person, a child of God, trying to live their life to the best of their abilities one day at a time. I hope if I could teach my kids anything about morals or religion or values it would be that.
PS- If you don't believe in God, that's okay too. As long as you're a decent person, you're still someone's child and I know they have unconditional love for you. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment