Thursday, October 11, 2012

YoMamaCare


"It puts in place an unelected board that's ultimately going to tell people what kind of treatment they can have and I don't like that idea."
-Mitt Romney during Presidential Debate on ObamaCare


Really? You don't like the idea of people telling you what kind of treatment you can have but one of your first acts of President (which will never happen) would be to cut all federal funding for Planned Parenthood? Over turn Roe vs. Wade? Propose plans that allow employers to opt out of contraception coverage on religious and moral grounds?
Well Mittens, I don't particularly take fancy to the idea of a MAN telling me what decisions I can and can't make with my own body. Telling me when, where and how I can reproduce.

Planned Parenthood in some areas of this country is the only place where women can go to have basic exams? PAP smears-Mammograms? Provide contraception to women who would other wise be without it? 



"Mitt is pro-life, with exceptions for cases of rape, incest, or the health and life of the mother"

Well that's just great, I applaud you for at least acknowledging exceptions to your narrow minded thinking, but how to you plan on enforcing this? A woman must immediately go to the hospital, do a rape kit, press charges in the event that 8 weeks later she finds out she is 
pregnant and needs proof to support her abortion.........yeah, good luck with that.


According to Glamour Magazine, 91% of readers (obviously predominantly female) say insurers should cover contraception like any other medication. And why wouldn't you?!?!?! What is wrong with protecting yourself? I mean..has no one heard the term "Better safe than sorry" ?? Condoms-yeah those are super EXCEPT when they rip, have been sitting in your wallet for 3 years or you just don't "like" them. Abstinence whatever floats your boat. But people..come on. This is 2012 not 1956.


"Look, I've got two daughters, and I want to empower them to make good decisions. They're not going to make good decisions because somebody in Congress is restricting them."
-President Obama to Glamour Magazine 


Women need full access to health care and should never have their rights infringed on. 
Personally, I like controlling my life, my relationships, my body and most of all my choices and I don't ever want to see that taken away from anyone on any level. 




5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post, not the content, but for actually posting. I have to take back my liar comment now.
    The idea of "Obamacare" is sickening to me as a Healthcare Professional.
    Injecting Bureaucracy into medicine is bad business, its why less and less Doctors are accepting Medicare now. Government involvement creates red tape, which hinders the area of the free market they involve themselves in. This usually creates Gov. guaranteed money and causes unnatural levels of inflation.
    This happened in the over-valuation of homes before the housing crisis, and is why the cost of college education has sky-rocketed.
    While Obamacare is well intentioned and a step in the right direction it will create even higher levels of inflation in the healthcare market, which is scary cause it already has the highest level of inflation.
    Women should be able to have their lady parts inspected and serviced with zero limitations. Also they should be able to terminate a pregnancy if they want/need to.
    But still...
    I cannot vote for Barack Obama.


    ReplyDelete
  2. To be clear, Planned Parenthood is also responsible for over a million abortions each year. That works out to 3,000 unborn children a day who are deprived of their right to live. In the unlikely scenario that a viable baby survives an abortion procedure, Barack Obama is in favor of allowing that child to die.

    The myth that Planned Parenthood is the only place in certain areas that a woman can receive basic health services is a prevalent one, but you offer no data to support this. Furthermore, merely repeating this myth ad nauseum does not make it less so.

    Planned Parenthood is also fond of proclaiming its "adoption services."

    Planned Parenthood performed 977 adoption referrals, in contrast to over a million abortions in 2009.

    http://www.lifenews.com/2011/12/30/planned-parenthood-helps-fewer-pregnant-woman-adoptions-drop/

    Planned Parenthood has also been caught violating the law by refusing to report cases of suspected sexual abuse/statutory rape and advising individuals how to lie about their age to protect their abusers.

    Singing the praises of Planned Parenthood is therefore entirely irrational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be clear- Planned Parenthood in some area is the only place that women without health care can get treatment. And I will sing their praises because regardless of what the numbers are, adoptions vs abortions, they're providing a service to women giving them the CHOICE to conceive/abort/adopt their baby as they see fit. I am also in favor of giving women the right to choose what happens with their reproductive system-abortion or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to be clear that those 3,000 "unborn" children that you quoted would most likely be living in foster care or adoption homes. I'm not sure if you care or not, but those "unborn" children would be without PARENTS. Most rational people who have a CHOICE to have an abortion or not think about are they going to be able to afford the child, did they do drugs that would affect the child, are they homeless themself etc. There are so many reasons behind having an abortion. Tell me- You're a crack whore who sleeps with several men for money, you live out of friends basements, you don't have a car,etc- think this person deserves to be a mother? Better yet-the beautiful children who are born into this type of mess sits in the same diaper all day, don't take baths for weeks, barely eats because the mom forgets, ends up being shaken because they do cry... This baby may not even survive..You're right, why wouldn't we eliminate womens right to contraceptives and the CHOICE of abortion.

    Not to mention, I bet you love when you're taxes are raised to support the "unborn" children. Got to love that. Once all these "unborn" children are put into these shelters, they can't afford to take care of all of them. Where do you think the state money comes from? American citizens. Yep. So again, lets get rid of it. Let's stop singing the praises of planned parenthood. It's SO irrational.

    You're insane if you truly think that we should get rid of this help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Sam, but we most definitely disagree in this! I will not vote this year just as I didn't the last time around, when the choice between dumb and dumber comes up, why even bother. Anyway, I must agree with the person who commented on Obamacare as a healthcare professional. There are some great things on this, the whole notion of doing away with the "existing condition" thing is GREAT! But Government and Medicine DO NOT belong together. Also, you may find this offensive, but I'm sorry, this is my opinion. A woman absolutely has the right to choose... she chooses to spread her legs or keep them closed. There are so many people out there who would happily love and raise the "unborn" child, people like myself, who find it hard to get or stay pregnant. I agree with Romney's statement on pro-life, abortion should only be done when there is rape, incest, or imminent death to the mother or child. And yes, I think in order to enforce this, a woman should have to report the rape. Not only will it "cover" her in the event that she ends up pregnant 8 weeks later, but it just might help get that rapist off the streets. I do agree with you on the Planned Parenthood thing. They do more than just abortions, but if we had affordable healthcare, women wouldn't have to go to them for their annual exams. And again, I'm all for birth control, but an abortion is NOT birth control. As for the person who mentions a baby being born to the crack whore, that's where the state steps in, that child wouldn't even be able to leave the hospital with that mother. Yes, of course there are flaws in the foster system, but every fetus deserves to have the option of life. And to say that the "unborn" child would be put in to foster or adoptive homes would be without parents, is so incredibly stupid. An adopted person is in a home where the parents sought out the child. Why then would that parent not love that child? And a child placed in foster care still has parents, they may not be biological, but that doesn't mean they are any less loved. Again, there are "farms" out there where people foster as many as possible just for the money, but there are far less of them than loving, caring environments.

    ReplyDelete